Chain Drop Lamp Part Index
This style lamp fixture is one of the most vertical and universal fixtures. Do to the variables in chain length and shade size, a chain drop style fixture can mount almost in any room or even on a porch. This fixture only consist of a canopy, chain, shade holder, a few hooks or loops, wire, socket, and shade. There are so many ways to make this type of fixture, the possibilities are endless. You may identify the lamp part you need by name and click on the part in the image for related products on Chain Drop Lamp Parts.
Once you have identified the lamp parts you need by name, visit our "How To" section for proper sizing.
Chain Drop Fixture Terms
- Canopy: A type of ceiling fixture that allows for the mounting of a hanging lamp. There are many styles, and we sell kits that have all of the hardware needed to mount a hanging lamp.
- Chain: Durable metal chain that connects the lamp to the canopy and supports the lamp. Comes in many different styles.
- Shade Holder: A shade holder is the metal connecting part between the socket and shade. The shade holder keeps the shade in place and often has set screws, especially if the shade will be hanging. The "fitter" part of a shade holder is threaded, which allows for a shade to be screwed into it.
- Socket: The socket is the electrical part in which the light bulb is screwed into. Sockets come in different sizes for different bulbs and can be made in many different ways, from high heat resistance to decorative with a connected switch.
- Pendant Type Shade: A pendant type shade is a specific kind of shade designed for hanging light fixtures that can have countless different styles. They usually have a "fitter," which is a raised piece of glass on a shade that can be screwed into a shade holder. A shade holder and a shade bother have a fitter.