Pan Lamp Part Index
The pan light was introduced in the early 20th century and has always been electrified. It is a great fixture for any space but especially entries, kitchens, dining rooms, and bedrooms. These fixtures have 2 1/4 inch fixture shades so you can match the shades on this fixture with the shades on a sconce or other light fixture that uses 2 1/4 inch fitter shades. You may identify the lamp part you need by name and click on the part in the image for related products on Pan Lamp Parts.
Once you have identified the lamp parts you need by name, visit our "How To" section for proper sizing.
Pan Light Fixture Terms:
- Chain: Durable metal chain that connects the lamp to the canopy and supports the lamp. Comes in many different styles.
- Canopy: A type of ceiling fixture that allows for the mounting of a hanging lamp. There are many styles, and we sell kits that have all of the hardware needed to mount a hanging lamp.
- Finial: For decoration and to add a nice touch to a lamp. Finials screw onto exposed threading and come in many different styles.
- Hooks: Hooks are used to attach one object to another easily, or to suspend a lamp from a ceiling. We provide many different shapes, sizes and finishes.
- Loops: Loops have many different uses, but can be used to attach a chain to a canopy. They come in different colors and styles.
- Shade Holder: A shade holder is the metal connecting part between the socket and shade. The shade holder keeps the shade in place and often has set screws, especially if the shade will be hanging. The shade holder will also house the socket part of the lamp.The 2 1/4" F refers to the size of the opening of the fitter on the shade holder. A "fitter" is the threaded part of a shade holder that allows for a glass shade to be screwed on. The "F" in the measurement means "Female," which means the threading is on the inside of the shade holder and will allow for a "M" (Male) part, which has threading on the outside, to be screwed into it. In this case, it would mean the glass shade can be screwed into the shade holder.
- Shade: Shades can be glass or fabric and is the ring that covers the light bulb and socket. Shades can dim light and give an aesthetic effect. The 2 1/4" F in the above picture means the size of the fitter on the shade. The fitter on a glass shade is a raised lip of glass that screws into the shade holder.